September 23, 2015

Let's Fall. Let's SO Fall.

Uhhhhhh, you guyyyyyz, it is SUPPOSED to be fall right now but this global warming is all whackadoo and we are still getting some annoyingly pleasant sunny days.  Only a precious few mornings have been chilly enough to require longsleeved garments, and I solemnly swear I will not complain about rain or cold ONCE this year, I am so dang ready for it.

As we discussed at length last fall, one of the most delightful (and non-weather dependent) aspects of this time of year is the Back to School vibe, and all the exciting slash hideous nostalgia that comes with it.  I began my annual back to school vibe rewatching of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (that's BTSV BTVS, can we make that a thing?) and when Season 4 grated on my last nerve I switched to consuming every episode of My So-Called Life while I prepared a very special Back to School treat for you!


This new coloring book is full of 90s babes of tv and film! And don't fret about the lack of your fave 90s rockstar babes, they will get a book all their own!  Yes, this is also the time of year where I publicly announce the zillions of projects I plan to get done in time for the holiday season as if you'll all hold me accountable!  I'LL HAVE LOTS OF NEW ZINES, I SWEAR!

Meanwhile, you are also going to need some new art for your dorm room (or office or bedroom or secret lair) so I am going to go ahead and recommend you treat yourself to a rad screenprinted poster from my shop, because you always need more inspirational ice cream. Since it's FINALLY snuggling weather, I've marked down all pillows in stock by 25% for you to cuddle up!  And while you're there, you can nab some tasty fall fashion!  My new shirts feature art from the Eye Sharpener Manifesto and the forthcoming Eye Sharpener Activity Book.  Available in sizes S-2XL while supplies last!

I made a few batches of Eye Sharpener nail decals but decided they weren't something I wanted to produce on the regular, so if you want some just let me know and I'll tuck them in the package when you order a shirt!  After this lil batch of turquoise tees is gone I'll have another edition in a different colorway exclusively through Mixed Species!  Definitely keep your eyes peeled for the launch of their new webstore, they are also going to make tees of my Pizza on Earth design from last year's holiday cards!

For your sweet and spicy seasonal cravings, allow me to offer you a delicious recipe that contains zero pumpkin or cinnamon!  This is one of my recent contributions to They Draw and Cook and I have many more in the works!


Sprinkles as a magical accoutrement are not restricted to fall alone, but I'm overjoyed to even be able to turn on the oven again without dying of heat stroke, so let's celebrate this recipe (so simple! just one step!) too and get in mega baking mode!!  Visit these recipes on TDAC to view larger.


I've got a giant pile of local apples to turn into pies, and I'll just hafta keep batting my eyelashes at my cozy sweaters and coats til they can come out and play!  If anyone knows anyone who lives up in the clouds, please tell them to send rain.  Or snow!!  Anyone planning their Thanksgiving menus yet??  Gotta dream!

No comments: