July 3, 2015

Shop Spotlight: MADE

Heeeeeere I am with another shop spotlight for you! I've sure got travel on the brain lately and I realized when typing this that I've never been to Wyoming! Here's a fun place I'd visit.



For starters, please tell me your name, what shop you represent, and where you are located:     John Frechette & Christian Burch. MADE, Jackson,WY.

Are there any specialties your shop is known for?  
We work with about 200 handmade artists from all over the USA
What are five things I'd be sure to see if I wandered the neighborhood where your shop is located?  
The Tetons are a can't miss, the Antler Arches that surround the town square, Gaslight Alley is the little boardwalked alley that we are on.  Next door is The Valley Bookstore (our local independent bookstore) and our other shop Mountain Dandy.



What occasions do you think are most underrepresented in the world of greeting cards? 
We love a good location specific card, but as for holidays maybe uncle and aunt cards.


Are you an artist or craftsperson yourself?  If so, please tell me a little bit about what you create:  

I am...I make a line of handcrafted glass belt buckles.  Each one is custom designed and crafted through a five day process.... http://www.madejacksonhole.com/collections/glass-belt-buckles


Does your shop have any resident pets or mascots?  

Sadly no. although we are dying for a good shop dog.

Describe the most exciting or weird customer you have ever had.   

We see a lot of weird ones, but that is what keeps it fun.  Being a pretty well know vacation destination we see a bunch of fun celebrities. Leonardo DeCaprio, the cast of Modern Family, Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart, Julianne Moore and some other super fun ones!
If your shop had a coat of arms, what images would be on it, and what would your motto be? 

MADE to be Handmade    
And lastly, because I'm Betty Turbo, I must ask: What is your favorite dessert?

Favorite desert is Creme Brûlée - or a good old fashioned donut from Dunkin.

No comments: