June 26, 2015

All Ice Cream, All The Time

I hear you say, "Hey Betty Turbo, will you ever get sick of drawing and painting ice cream?"  And I'm here to tell ya, NOTTTTT LIKELY!


The general inspiration of dessert is enhanced by ice cream's magical cold properties, which are related to my ice cold Alaska snow baby mojo. Unlike treats of the cake family (SO over it), ice cream never lost its magic once I peeked behind the curtain!  Most baked goods are less amazing to me now that I know how to make them.  I'm no ice cream PROFESSIONAL (minus those few days feeding gelato samples to Nicole Kidman) but I do make my own ice cream frequently, and despite knowing all the science-y bits about the process, still maintain my fascination and adoration.


Ice cream is a sweet, glorious treat for kiddos and adults alike. It can provide us interesting conversations about our behaviors towards food and consumption of indulgences of all kinds. It turns from goopy liquid into magic awesomeness because of science. It's going to be the highlight of our summer in this funky old house with no air conditioning because it's the best way to cool down. You really don't have to miss out if you're vegan or lactose-intolerant, because scientific advancements in the world of soy, almond, and coconut ice creams are really pretty great lately, and, well, fruit sorbets ALMOST count.


When some kind folks who had already collected some of my work asked me to show art at their ice cream shop this spring, I jumped at the chance and made a brand new batch of ice cream paintings for the occasion. Not only did my band of weirdos and I decide Frite and Scoop was our new favorite place on Earth, the weekend was barely over before we were trying to plan ANOTHER ice cream show, so now we're screenprinting a new series of ice cream posters to paper their walls in August. I'm not bored of it yet, are you??  (Hint: say no.)


I wanna help you stay cool this summer so I'm gonna send you some ice cream.  It's not the edible kind, but it will cool your spirit and you'll have to find the real life kind to chill out your physical self. I'll will send one winner the ice cream softie friend you see here and copy of each of the all-purpose ice cream cards you see in the photos above!


Get more information about "The Best" and these ice cream cards in my shop!  I actually have SIXTEEN items featuring ice cream for sale at the moment, and some of the paintings you see here are still available, so let me know if you have any questions!  Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter the giveaway - you can choose any or all of the entry options given for up to five chances. (The email you supply is only for me to contact you if you win.) Giveaway is open worldwide, for ages 18 and over, and will run a little over a week on account of holidays. (I'll be busy eating ice cream.) Winner will be chosen randomly July 6th and I will be contacting the winner via email. You must respond within 24 hours to claim your prize or a new winner will be chosen! No purchase necessary to win!



Note added 7/2: Seem to have some issues with the Rafflecopter widget, sorry for anyone having trouble!  The automatic tweet isn't linking correctly but I'll still validate all entries that shared it :P

a Rafflecopter giveaway

4 comments:

Claire said...

When I was little my nana used to buy cornish ice cream and make us ice cream sandwiches with waters
It always makes me smile when I think of it

Claire said...

•wafers I mean

Tamey said...

Double fisting ice cream cones in Forrest Gump.
"The only good thing about being wounded in the buttocks is the ice cream.
They gave me all the ice cream I could eat." :]

Holly said...

I'd have to say my favorite ice cream moment from TV was when Tenacious D had their HBO series. They had to come up with a new song for Open Mic Night, so they thought they had it with "Rocket Sauce," only to discover the song was to the tune of the ice cream truck that had been circling their neighborhood all week.